Bankruptcy CoordinatorGreenville, SCAccurately report and process accounts belonging to World customers who have filed bankruptcy, file claims with the bankruptcy court, and process World non-file claims. Pay Starting at $14 per hour based on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process notices of bankruptcy (from the court and notifications from branches, i.e. Case Processing Requests), including modifying each loan record
- Process proofs of claim by reviewing the account information and documents, verifying the information is correct and electronically file the claim in the bankruptcy case complying with the respective district’s administrative rules
- Process Reaffirmations, Trustee Refunds and other items as needed by reviewing accounts and court records to determine values
- Process documents from the Bankruptcy Noticing Center, Trustee, Attorney, etc., and modify the loan record and database as necessary to reflect the account’s bankrupt status and details of the bankruptcy processes
- Respond to branch messages/calls requesting missing paperwork and/or information
- Work with other members of the department to proficiently and accurately process all bankruptcy work in a timely manner and follow any special instructions that may be given for a specific period of time.
- Work with the transition of non-file insurance claims on bankrupt accounts from the branches to the Bankruptcy Processing Center
- Work with management on documenting BKPC procedures
- Train other team members on new and existing procedural changes
- Work with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization by telephone, in person and through other outlets as well as customers
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to learn other applications quickly, including in-house applications
- Must be detail oriented and able to catch errors before they go out
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Must be able to demonstrate dependability and initiative
- Must have good command of the English language, both oral and written
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two or more years’ experience in a customer service and data entry position
- One or more years’ experience dealing with account histories desired
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
- Will be kneeling, stooping or bending for approximately 25% of time
- Occasionally will require light lifting
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is the policy of World Acceptance Corporation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, World Acceptance Corporation will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.