Branch ManagerGeorgetown, TXLooking for an opportunity that provides continuous growth, leadership, and the ability to expand and maintain customer relationships in your area? We offer just that! Our casual, but professional, work-environment allows you to be collaborative and creative while competitively working to meet goals.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our team members grow professionally. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all team members are at work on time, have proper time off for lunch and other necessary times and that working hours are observed carefully and recorded accurately.
- Provide on-site day-to-day management and supervision of branch employees.
- Manage time off from work to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Assigns duties to employees and frequently examine their work for accuracy, neatness, timeliness.
- Provide employee feedback and provide input on employee’s evaluations.
- Discipline employees that fail to comply with Company policies and procedures or fail to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job.
- Maintains efficiency by training new employees and developing their skills and understanding of company policies and all phases of branch operations, procedures and laws governing the consumer finance business.
- Exercise judgment and discretion in making decisions affecting employees and the performance of the branch office and keep the District Manager up to date on the overall performance of the branch.
- Assist with the hiring of new team members as well as possible promotions or discharges, and offers recommendation regarding salary increases for team members.
- Provide leadership necessary to motivate employees and create and maintain a high degree of branch production by achieving company standards.
- Create and maintain branch solvency by the control of assets, proper credit extension, including proper follow up and handling of past due accounts.
- Oversee the budget and operating expenses of the branch.
- Maintain consistent growth in accounts and receivables through obtaining new borrowers and retaining existing borrowers.
- Prepare reports as required by management verifying that they are on time and accurate and acknowledging receipt of all correspondence from the Branch Service Center that requires a response the day it is received.
- Recommend legal action on seriously delinquent accounts.
- Refund any overpayment or excess charges made in error immediately upon discovery, even if the amount due is only one cent (cancellation refunds must be promptly and systematically made to the customer)
- Maintain good customer relations, which includes:
- Having satisfied customers is what will make the branch successful, which requires effective teamwork and communication to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for presenting a good company image to the community
- Ensure all branch team members are dressed professionally and the office neat and clean, providing a professional environment for our customers.
- Lead by example and manage the employees in the branch
- Approve and close all new loans and assist employees, as necessary, with closing loans.
- Maintain internal audits to satisfactory or better.
- Approve and close all increases in loans of established accounts.
- See that all delinquent work is completed each day.
- Handle all serious customer issues that require management assistance.
- Keep expenses within acceptable ranges, not to exceed 3% growth per year in established branches.
- Continually develop knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures through constant study and review of the company’s Operations Manual, Employee Handbook, Training Manual, etc.
- Promote all products including Tax Preparation.
- See that the office is kept neat and orderly at all times.
- Follow all policies, guidelines and rules as spelled out in the Operations Manual and the Team Member Handbook and ensure that employees similarly follow all policies, guidelines and rules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of self-confidence, job knowledge, communications skills and organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Should have some knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Must be able to understand, handle and produce loan documents.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in managing a branch or equivalent experience
- Must be licensed or have the ability to obtain licensing to sell insurance products
- BOLT Program graduate preferred
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
- Will be kneeling, stooping or bending for approximately 25% of time
- Occasionally will require light lifting
- Some time spent in travel from location to location
- Work performed in a branch environment
- Travel by car from location to location required on an almost daily basis.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
It is the policy of World Acceptance Corporation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, World Acceptance Corporation will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.